Sunday, March 10, 2013

Egg in a Turkey Cup

I'm always looking for something new and tasty for breakfast.  Growing up, it was cereal everyday.  Now that I'm all growed up, I like to try to have growed up breakfasts.  During the week I bring my yogurt and granola with me to work (that's another post, the making of the yogurt)
But on the weekends I want something different.

I stumbled upon this little gem and decided to give it a try.  Except I didn't have any ham, only turkey.



So I stuffed some Turkey into my (greased) muffin tin, broke an egg into it and put a bit of salt 'n peppa on that bad boy.


Then I baked it at the recommended 375 for a while...I checked it at 10 and 15 minutes because sometimes, I like a little runny yolk.  But I did end up letting it cook almost the whole 20 minutes.  And the yolk was not runny, to my dismay.  It still seemed to jiggle a little in the tin before I took it out, but alas, no runny yolk.


It came out of the muffin tin easier than I thought it would, I just ran a knife around the edges to make sure it wouldn't tear when I took it out.  Here it is in all it's glory:


It was pretty delicious!  Even though the yolk wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, this was definitely a win.  It would be easy to make a whole bunch at the same time too, you could scramble the egg first if you don't like it like this, or even add stuff like veggies and cheese...MMmmmm, that sounds yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment